Monday, September 25, 2006

Intro and planning

Hi! Welcome to a Crap Art production. Over the next few days I will be planning and executing a whole album which will be composed, recorded and post produced in a 24 hour period.

Here are the project rules which I aim to uphold. To keep it interesting I am going to ask a few artists to be involved, not just one or two. For those of you who haven't bothered to check out the rules, I'll fill you in a bit, but for those of you who have, skip the next bit. Crap Art: Album-a-day (see above link) projects have a few rules. The most important ones are these:

- All music must be written, recorded and produced etc within the 24hrs
- The group must only work on one song at a time
- Everything must be used, i.e. cannot abandon songs if they do not turn out
- Must be 20 minutes of materal or 30 songs

I shall be doing most of the organising/directing/recording work. I don't know how much playing I am going to be able to do if I'm sitting of the record button all the time, and hopefully driving the album so that we reach the 20 minute or 30 song quota.



At this point I have the following people saying they want to be involved:

  Chris
Singer in ex-band 'Fixion' which we used to play in. Chris's strengths lie in his ability to quickly write meaningful and poetic lyrics, beautiful melodies, playing guitar using e-bow and effects.
[vocals, guitar]

  Tony
My house mate Tony, whome I have been in too many bands to mention, is a multi-instrumentalist virtuoso. His main strengths are playing lead guitar with effects, finger-picking Elliot Smith type guitar, drums (high in creativity and energy) and trumpet. He also plays keyboard, violin, bass and sings.
[guitar, vocals, drums, trumpet, viola]

  Alex M
There is very little he cannot do. Alex is a master of music doing his Masters in Music Composition. His major strengths are playing violin and keyboard, editing, mixing producing, composing for any instrument including his own electronic sampler inventions, and making a killer coffee. He also does cd design/printing and video editing/production.
[violin, keys, flute]

  Damo
That's me. My strengths are recording, electronic composition, arranging for songs, creative production, playing keys bass and guitar. I also do video editing and web stuff.
[keys, bass, guitar, oboe]



If all goes to plan, the 24 hours period will be starting this Wednesday the 27th at 6pm. Songs will be posted to this blog site as they are completed, so stay tuned at that time!

Positions still needed to add:
More singers/songwriters
Percussionists
Still and Video photographers
Video director
Art cover desingers
Food caterers

If I know you well but haven't ask you to be involved please don't get upset with me. I have only asked certain people who fit into any of these catagories:

- don't work 9-5
- don't have kids
- don't have to travel far (Chris excepted because he was the original muso)
- I have worked with under this kind of pressure before
- and have their own mode of transportation

Please drop me a comment re: anything, Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger damian said...

rofflmfaoolttfm

Jennifer, let me just say, you are an idiot and I hope I never have to work with you, you ugly scrag.

Only joking, because... you are, infact, Tony (list participant) and not mother of 7.

Thankyou for your concern, you bastard.

12:35 pm  
Blogger damian said...

P.S. Tony is my housemate.

11:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home